What I'm Doing Right Now

Sunday, February 27, 2011

My Predictions for the 83rd Academy Awards, Part I

LEADING ACTOR

  • Javier Bardem in “Biutiful”
  • Jeff Bridges in “True Grit”
  • Jesse Eisenberg in “The Social Network”
  • Colin Firth in “The King's Speech”
  • James Franco in “127 Hours”
My verdict: COLIN FIRTH

SUPPORTING ACTOR

  • Christian Bale in “The Fighter”
  • John Hawkes in “Winter's Bone”
  • Jeremy Renner in “The Town”
  • Mark Ruffalo in “The Kids Are All Right”
  • Geoffrey Rush in “The King's Speech”
My verdict: CHRISTIAN BALE

LEADING ACTRESS
  
Annette Bening in “The Kids Are All Right” 
Nicole Kidman in “Rabbit Hole” 
Jennifer Lawrence in “Winter's Bone” 
Natalie Portman in “Black Swan” 
Michelle Williams in “Blue Valentine”

My verdict: JENNIFER LAWRENCE

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
  • Amy Adams in “The Fighter”
  • Helena Bonham Carter in “The King's Speech”
  • Melissa Leo in “The Fighter”
  • Hailee Steinfeld in “True Grit”
  • Jacki Weaver in “Animal Kingdom”
 My verdict: HAILEE STEINFELD

---

ANIMATED FILM

“How to Train Your Dragon” Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois
“The Illusionist” Sylvain Chomet
“Toy Story 3” Lee Unkric

My verdict: TOY STORY 3

---

ART DIRECTION
  • “Alice in Wonderland”
    Production Design: Robert Stromberg; Set Decoration: Karen O'Hara
  • “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1”
    Production Design: Stuart Craig; Set Decoration: Stephenie McMillan
  • “Inception”
    Production Design: Guy Hendrix Dyas; Set Decoration: Larry Dias and Doug Mowat
  • “The King's Speech”
    Production Design: Eve Stewart; Set Decoration: Judy Farr
  • “True Grit”
    Production Design: Jess Gonchor; Set Decoration: Nancy Haigh
My verdict: TIE - ALICE IN WONDERLAND / HARRY POTTER PART I

---

CINEMATOGRAPHY
  • “Black Swan” Matthew Libatique
  • “Inception” Wally Pfister
  • “The King's Speech” Danny Cohen
  • “The Social Network” Jeff Cronenweth
  • “True Grit” Roger Deakins 
My verdict: TIE - THE KING'S SPEECH / INCEPTION

---

COSTUME DESIGN

  • “Alice in Wonderland” Colleen Atwood
  • “I Am Love” Antonella Cannarozzi
  • “The King's Speech” Jenny Beavan
  • “The Tempest” Sandy Powell
  • “True Grit” Mary Zophres
My verdict: ALICE IN WONDERLAND

---


DIRECTOR
  • “Black Swan” Darren Aronofsky
  • “The Fighter” David O. Russell
  • “The King's Speech” Tom Hooper
  • “The Social Network” David Fincher
  • “True Grit” Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
My Verdict: TOM HOOPER - THE SOCIAL NETWORK

DOCUMENTARY (FEATURE FILM)
  • “Exit through the Gift Shop” Banksy and Jaimie D'Cruz
  • “Gasland” Josh Fox and Trish Adlesic
  • “Inside Job” Charles Ferguson and Audrey Marrs
  • “Restrepo” Tim Hetherington and Sebastian Junger
  • “Waste Land” Lucy Walker and Angus Aynsley
My Verdict: TIE - WASTE LAND / INSIDE JOB

DOCUMENTARY (SHORT)
  • “Killing in the Name” Jed Rothstein
  • “Poster Girl” Sara Nesson and Mitchell W. Block
  • “Strangers No More” Karen Goodman and Kirk Simon
  • “Sun Come Up” Jennifer Redfearn and Tim Metzger
  • “The Warriors of Qiugang” Ruby Yang and Thomas Lennon
My verdict: TIE - KILLING IN THE NAME / POSTER GIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment