What I'm Doing Right Now

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Social Network

Well, last evening I decided to take my kids to see 'The Social Network' (at my request and my son's interest), and I can honestly say, I was fucking blown away.

After watching this movie, I'll never look at Facebook the same way again (even I though I don't have a Facebook, my son does). At the beginning, this dude, Mark,  writes a horrid blog entry about his ex-girlfriend (with extremely horrible details) while not only drunk, but had just broken up with her. He then begins to create a girl comparison site, where they compare the hotness of the university women. That is just fucking cold, right?

The acting was really, really good. Jesse is amazing in his role of Mark, creating a realistic, believable character, who, even through the tortures that he puts people through sometimes, you can still feel sympathy for the character.

Interestingly, Justin Timberlake is in this film. Not the best choice for me, personally, but it's good enough.

The idea is also really interesting: a social networking website just for the university students. The film also showcases the cruelty of some people, including jealousy, which arguably started 'Thefacebook'.

I might be able to obtain a copy of the book it was based off of, 'The Accidental Billionaires", and as soon as I get to it, I'm getting a good copy of the DVD video version. I'd really like to see some behind-the-scenes footage, or the 'making of' The Social Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment